Friday, October 16, 2009

Just Do Something

Ok... Though it is October....
I am starting my New Year's Resolutions right now..
However I'm not calling them New Year's Resolutions...
They are LIFE Resolutions..
space
I am the world's worst about thinking
"If I don't have time to do it great,
then I'll just wait and do it later."
Well... I can tell you that has gotten me nowhere fast.
I have spent the last 2 days straight
looking for my 2008 income tax papers.
I remember seeing them, but I didn't
have the time (I thought) to
put them up where they went,
so I laid them down and was gonna do it later.
Later is now here...
but I have turned this house over
and can not find them anywhere.
space
Anyway....
I read this quote last week, and
I have vowed to make some changes
in my LIFE.
"Looking for lasting happiness
outside yourself is meaningless....
It is like expecting to become fit
by watching other people exercise."
A
After having Brady...
I have meant to try to get back into shape.
Not because I will ever care,
or even want to look like
Cindy Crawford....
but because I owe Brady
the best of my energy..
So.... knowing I have lost most of
my endurance... I stopped waiting
to magically get it back, and
JUST DID SOMETHING..
I have run 2 miles the last 4 days..
Not without stopping, but
for once in my life I didn't care.
This time the only person I was
caring to impress was myself.
I am doing this for me...
I want to spend amazing energetic years
with my Little Brady..
So, I stopped some, walked some, and ran some.
But... I DID SOMETHING.
I started...
and that is a huge step..
Something about our world makes us want
everything NOW...
But, maybe that's what's wrong..
Sometimes the best things are those you
Worked Darn Hard to get,
and even Harder to KEEP.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Keep it up. That is one great advantage of blogging. There are always others to cheer us on.

    ReplyDelete