Saturday, September 26, 2009

Making Memories

This has just been one of those
"over the top"
busy weeks..
It was Brook's homecoming at Southwest.
But... now that it's all over,
it is one of those times
where you are so thankful
that you have been a part of.
space
My house is covered in glitter, sparkles,
ribbons, and fringe fuzz from Brook's mum.
But... (this one I know from experience)....
These are the times that both children
and their parents look back on
with smiling memories.
Now that Brent is about to turn 20 years old...
I look back and remember
his first garter I made him,
and the girl friend's (or date for the week)
mums I made over the years.
I giggle about his taste, and him thinking
I was putting too much on it.
When has a girl ever thought that
about a mum. hee hee
So as I get ready for bed tonight.....
completely ready to relax for a while
I am forever grateful for these memories and
YES.. even these messes...
Because when the time has long passed
Those are all we have left.

3 comments:

  1. amen sister. that is all we will have left...memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Staci,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. What a cutie Brady is! I've never heard of Mum's. We don't have them in Michigan, but I looked further and saw some on your other blog. Pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words on my blog. Thanks also for your prayers! I definitely need all I can get. :)

    ReplyDelete