Thursday, September 3, 2009

New Promise

Overwhelmed, and Overdone
would be a kind way to express the
state of my life the last few weeks..
I have turned into the very thing I can not stand .....
Someone in a RUSH
who merely spends their day getting from one thing to another...
I spent so many years of my life in the "RUSH" mode
and I have made a vow to myself never to return.
space
However.................
Return is exactly what I did..
When you spend your days in a RUSH you completely miss out on LIFE.
You only RUSH from one task to the next
telling everyone to " hang on a minute"
......and before you realize it your day is gone.
YOU may have accomplished your work,
but at what cost...
I had once again become the very thing I can not stand.
So as I look at this precious little boy
of whom I have told to "hang on"all week long........
I see precious time slipping by.
What a shame that we sometimes get so caught up in life that we forget to live it...

4 comments:

  1. sooo true, i realized this same thing was happening to me. so i told my oldest who is a senior, that i will not be doing a million things this year to be the 'super' parent for school activities. instead i will be there to enjoy and cherish these events with her, not working my butt off like i have every other year! i have had to get past the guilt but i'm not budging! at least i hope not. (what a lucky little fellow you have there, getting a parent with lots of wisdom from experience) we sure do learn over the years what's important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the photo! here's wishing you a slow-paced, wonderful weekend with your sweet family! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a wise woman to keep your life balanced. And if the scales have to tip, let them tip in favor of your child because you'll never regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey staci! nice to meetcha. darla is a sa-weetie. and this post...*sigh* it all comes back like a flood now that i sit here this morning w/ my boys off to school and i'm wishing there was a diaper to change. okay, maybe NOT a diaper, but a good reminder to truly take each moment in and soak it up like a sponge. great perspective!

    ReplyDelete