Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Brent's Gonna Play Football

WELL.. we found out yesterday that Brent made
the football team
at Midwestern State University...
I went with him for a tryout a few weeks ago,
and we've been patiently awaiting a callback.
It's hard to believe that he won't be wearing a wonderfully worn in glove,
and a sweaty old cap again......
However, I am thrilled and so very excited for him to start this new chapter of his life.
He really wants to play college football,
and I really want him to give it his best try...
So.......... it worked out as it should be.
When he called to tell me about wanting to switch sports I nearly had to grasp a breath,
but now all I can think about is my precious first born baby boy
LIVING a life in which he follows his dreams..
Now what more could a mother want for their child.
Maybe our biggest job
as a mother...
is to help our children pursue their dreams,
not our dreams for them..

4 comments:

  1. congratulations to your son!! and, i love what you said about our biggest job as a mother....SO very true!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Brent! I always knew he was special, how many young men have the opportunity to play two college sports. I love you both.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Staci, thanks for the help with my decor questions. I'm enjoying your blog because I could tell from the first post that you write often and are a thinker. Then as I read through the posts, you confirmed that! I have two college aged kids and one in high school, so I can relate to the accomplishments your older kids are making and how that makes you feel. I'm always grappling with letting them go and launching them while still being Mom. Have a great Thurs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to him! That is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete