Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wow.. Time FLEW

Where has the time gone.. Not just the time since I last wrote on this blog (sorry about that by the way).... but the time since my one and only little girl was little. This weekend she tried out for Varsity cheerleader at her (way too big for me) school. *and made it (#12) She is going to be a junior next year and I know it sounds so corny to say... but it's true... "I just can't believe it."

I remember so clearly the day she was born. He brother (who was 3 1/2) wanted to know where her wienie was.. hahaha That still makes me laugh to this day. Maybe Brent knew something all along that we took a while to notice. My little girl has got to be the toughest gal I have come across in a long time. Not the big giant physically tough like you first think of, but the mental, emotional... got it all together tough. The kind it took me 40 years to gain. I am amazed at her almost on a daily basis. She has never been one to care much about what people think, or what they do. She has always had her mind set on what she thinks is right and by golly... that is what she sticks too. Now I can tell you that has caused her a fair share of trouble, but now in her teenage years I can tell you that it has brought me great joy. As I watch her turn into a woman... I tag along for the ride and look on with pride. Somehow in the midst of a million messes she has made magic of her life... I continue to thank God for letting me be her mother, and I remind her every day (even when we fuss) that "IF I lined up all the girls in the world.. I'd pick You!!)

2 comments:

  1. And I'm so glad that I'm that precious girl's grandmother. She has always been my beautiful, amazing Brook. Rememer, I was there the day she was born and all the angels sang in heaven.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats to Brook for making cheerleader! and for being a strong girl, it's a great quality to have these days especially. it truly is a proud moment when we see them thriving and blooming better than we ever did...what was wrong with us? lol. (that wienie comment is hilarious) thanks for the laugh so early this morning, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete