Thursday, April 16, 2009

No Fear

I love this picture of Brady
riding his pony....
teeth clinched,
leaning back,
and rocking for all he's worth.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all go back to that mind-set in life and
RIDE with NO FEAR......
Somehow as age grabs our mind along with our hearts,
it too steals our willingness to give life all we've got....
knowing that yes we might fail,
but boy... we might succeed.
The fear of failure has often stopped me from attempting things I would have really liked to have tried. But, thinking that someone might feel as though I looked ridiculous or thinking that the hurt feelings of someone telling me that I wasn't very good at it.....
somehow seemed to take precedence over my attempt at greatness.
I've often heard the story of how many zillion times Abraham Lincoln failed...
yet somehow he had the character to continue..
WOW what we would have missed if he hadn't..
So, as I look at this picture of Brady
riding with NO FEAR...
I too want to grab hold of that thrill and believe in myself
knowing that if for some reason I fall off
then all I have to do is climb back up again..
Maybe today we should learn from our children instead of teaching them what life has wrongly taught us..

6 comments:

  1. hi staci! boy, did i need to hear this today!! i'm embarrassed to admit how many projects i've abandoned because of fear...especially the fear of rejection...that maybe my work isn't good enough, or worse yet, that other people just won't like it. thanks for such a heartfelt message! :)

    p.s. and that little brady is as cute as a button!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true, you have such a way with words. fear and pride like to team up together, making us wonder what people will say or think if we do fall or fail. i wish we could get rid of them both. they are life's greatest enemies. thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Staci. I always appreciate your insight and words of encouragement when you stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Staci! Thanks so much for visiting my blog!! Lori V is my best buddy here in Jacksonville and she is a most talented lady! Love her.

    Love this post. You are so right. Fear will stop us dead in our tracks if we let it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Staci! Thanks for visiting my blog. I just love looking at your litle guy riding the house. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is amen friend! You are such a writer at heart! You know just had to word things to make us all have so many a-ha moments! Love it! Always encouraging!

    ReplyDelete