Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sometimes you gotta get DIRTY

Looking back to the early days of my "big" kids, I realize so many moments I squelched because I was ruling my life by TIME.

How much time something was going to take to clean up, how much time it was going to take us to reach a destination, how much time homework was going to take, how much time was left in my day to clean or sleep, and most sadly of all how much time until my kids were big enough to clean up their own messes.

WELL..... I can tell you I missed a million minutes while I watched "THE TIME"

Today, however, I didn't. Brady was playing in the front yard in the dirt, and climbed right up in the flower pot. He dug, threw, and sat in the dirt for almost an hour. He groaned, clapped, laughed, and poured dirt all over himself and my porch.

I must say my first thought was "What a mess this is going to make." But I stopped and watched him play. As I sat there I realized how precious TIME can be if you just watch it go by.

That moment could have so easily been missed.

Instead MY own words rang in my ears "to cherish the moments that pass by too quickly."

So, Brady got to play in the dirt, and I took the TIME to watch that precious little miracle be a part of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thats a really important revelation isnt it? How cute he looks there too, what a perfect photo opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i forgot about this blog, i'm having to catch up now! and this one's got the really important stuff on it that i can't miss! like playing in the dirt...i love it! what a lucky little guy to be growing up with a mom who already learned the important lessons.

    ReplyDelete