Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Some kind of LOVE

There are just no words that I have ever known
to describe the type of LOVE
a mother has for her children.
Brent, was the first person that I ever really
felt loved me for no reason at all.
I have always told him
that he taught me how to be human.

I am heading to Abilene to watch him play baseball tomorrow,
and already I have sparkles just at the thought of seeing his face.
He can light up my heart like to one else in all the world.
I have always had such a hard time realizing
the true LOVE of God.
I was taught to be afraid of how GOD would
punish you when you acted wrong. It kind of always felt
like he was up there with a big marker and tablet writing down
my zillions of screw ups. Then, after Brent came along, I realized! WOW....
If I love my child like this, just image how much God loves me.
I wouldn't dare ever remove my love from my kids when they make mistakes.
Some days along the way have had a few disappointments,
but never once have I thought my children were unworthy of LOVE.
No matter how old you are, it's never too late to be filled up with LOVE.
The kind that never goes away.
Make sure your children know that before they grow up.
It will change their lives forever.

3 comments:

  1. Just this week I said to my husband, "I wonder if God designed the whole family paradigm just to show us what unconditional love feels like, and how we have patience as our children grow, and how discipline really is meted out of love, etc." I know; I'm not the first person to make that analogy, but still, it just hits me all the time that I didn't know unconditional love until my daughter was born 22 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, beautiful post. You must be an incredible person. I came over from 2nd Cup of Coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a heartfelt and beautiful reminder Staci! Your post blessed me! My heart tugged when I saw the photo as my sons are baseball players too. Isn't is amazing to watch them become young men. I can't believe how fast that happened. Take care
    Lani

    ReplyDelete